Like many other lawyers in the Los Angeles California area, a great deal of my clients are filing for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy filings are on the rise, not only in Los Angeles, but all over the U.S. Every day in Los Angeles new businesses are formed. Unfortunately, in our current economical climate, many businesses are also struggling to survive. Los Angeles is a competitive market, making it just that much more difficult for new businesses to survive. Competition is very high in Los Angeles, and it seems as a new business opens another closes. As a Los Angeles Bankruptcy lawyer, I see it every day. On the positive side, bankruptcy is truly a way out of financial ruin and often times the road to a bright financial future. More and more people are turning to bankruptcy before their credit is damaged. By filing for bankruptcy before you are completely overwhelmed by debt, and behind on all of your payments, you can more easily repair you credit.
Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney
Bankruptcy laws can vary from state to state. These variances will influence how bankruptcy will affect your assets. That is why a good Los Angeles bankruptcy attorney will have an in-depth knowledge of Los Angeles bankruptcy laws. These laws tend to change and as a bankruptcy lawyer, it is my job to make sure that I am current on all new bills passed.
Los Angeles Bankruptcy Statistics
- Bankruptcy filings from January through September 2011 were 28.3% of the total. The national average is 7.9%.
- The central district clerk’s office processes one bankruptcy petition every 3 minutes, 44 seconds.
- The next highest number of filings after the central district is the middle district of Florida. The Central District of California has 146% more filing than M.D. Fl.
- The Central District expects 141,000 filings this year, up from 109,000 in 2009, and 66,000 in 2008.
- California led the nation in total business filings (4,641), 86.1% greater than second place, Florida with 2,494 total business filings.
What a Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney Can Do for You.
Filing for bankruptcy will help you to get back on your feet. When you file for bankruptcy and start to rebuild your credit, you can literally start fresh with your finances.
Filing for bankruptcy will also;
- Stop creditor harassment
- Eliminate Debt
- Decrease Stress
- Improve Your Credit
Your Los Angeles Bankruptcy Lawyer
I would like to offer my legal services to you, and represent you in your bankruptcy filing. Seeing my bankruptcy clients get themselves, and their businesses back on track following their bankruptcy filing, is one my favorite parts of being a Los Angeles bankruptcy attorney. At McFarlin Law, we offer all of our prospective bankruptcy clients free consultations. Call us today at (888) 728 0044 or email us here. We look forward to working with you.